Lemon and Mint Prawn Tagliatelle
A delicious, hearty supper dish that's quick to prepare! Serves 3 - 4. Made with Five Valleys Lemon & Mint Cordial.
300g dried tagliatelle
240g frozen raw prawns, defrosted and de-veined
1 medium banana shallot, finely chopped
2 level tbsp. crème fraiche
140ml dry white wine
140g frozen Peas, defrosted and cooked for 2 minutes
2 Large garlic cloves
2 tbsp. virgin olive pil
3 tbsp. grated fresh parmesan
Salt and black pepper
3 tbsp. Five Valleys Lemon and Mint Cordial
Mint Sprigs and Lemon Wedges
1. Make the pesto by combining all the pesto ingredients in a blender and pulse until the ingredients are mixed. Do not over blend - you want some texture, not a puree. Leave to one side.
3. Melt the butter in the pan and fry the chopped shallot until soft, but not coloured.
4. Add the wine and reduce to half
5. Add the prawns and toss with the onion and wine until they are pink
6. Stir in the pesto and crème fraiche and heat through gently
7. Add the tagliatelle to the pan and incorporate with the other ingredients
8. Serve with sprigs of mint and lemon wedges and nice crusty bread